SafeParks / Parksec Crime Update: 12 October – 27 October 2016:
Dear Parkhurst , Parktown North and Parkwood residents and business owners
More details relating to the incidents listed above:
- An arrest was made by Cortac for fraud, the soi made an arrangement for a potential buyer for a motorbike, buyer arrived in a white mini bus, suspect started acting strange eventually running away, Cortac contacted and found suspect with fraudulent cheques.
- An attempted rape occurred at a business in 6th street , staff member was opening the property when the suspect pushed her and tried to rape her, the victim screamed & suspect ran away leaving behind his ID card. The suspect was well known to the business as he usually arrived asking for food.
- Following the attempted rape an arrest was made by Cortac at Pirates sports club , Cortac spotted the suspects who had a case of an attempted rape, suspect was taken in to police custody.
- An Attempted Business Burglary occurred when two African male suspects broke the main gate open, the gardener approached the suspects who ran away, suspects used a crowbar to gain access, nothing was stolen.
- Please report all crime incidents, even very small, as that affects the resources allocated to SAPS Parkview, which in turn affect service delivery to us.
- Please be more careful regarding vagrants, often those who beg/ go through dustbins are gathering info for house breaks.
. Please report any suspicious activity by:
- Calling CORTAC Control Centre on 0861 267 822 / 0878 030 040
- Sending a “Please Call” message to *140*079 502 2750# (domestic workers)
- SMS’ing details of the suspicious activity to 079 502 2750
- Calling Parkview Police Relief Commander on 071 675 6065
TIPS: In an armed robbery do not meet aggression with aggression & fight back, do what is asked of you and they will leave.
TIPS: Avoid direct eye contact & do not chase the suspects.
POLICE SECTOR VEHICLE: 071 675 6061 / 6062
RELIEF COMMANDER: 071 675 6065
CORTAC: 0861 267 822
Victim Support Unit HOTLINE: 073 280 4453
If it doesn’t look right, call it in ..
We are looking for someone to fill the administrator role from the beginning of December 2016. The role is part-time and involves approximately 10 hours of work a week.
Requirements for the position are:
- Outgoing individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Solid organisational skills, attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Comfortable using social media
- An interest in security matters
- Lives in or very close to Parktown North or Parkhurst.
The incumbent will work from home but will report directly to the Chairman and Vice Chairman of Parksec/SafeParks on a regular basis to demonstrate that certain objectives are being met
Interested parties should send a covering letter and CV with two contactable references to email@example.com, with ‘Parksec/SafeParks Administrator application’ in the subject line.
If you would like to find out more about the Parksec/ SafeParks security initiative, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep safe and be aware!
The Parksec & SafeParks Committee
CORTAC PRODUCT OFFERING
Follow CORTAC on Twitter @cortacsecurity
Like CORTAC on Facebook www.facebook.com/cortac/
Products offered by CORTAC:
- Tactical solutions, including proactive policing
- Armed reaction
- Emergency medical response
- Alarm and CCTV installations and monitoring
- Vehicle tracking
- Forensic and criminal investigations
- Close protection
- Logistics and technology modelling and implementation
More info at www.cortac.co.za
Contact CORTAC at email@example.com or 0861 267 822 for further information.