Safeparks/Parksec Crime Update: 5 – 14 June 2017
Parkhurst , Parktown North and Parkwood residents and business owners
NEW BOARD SIGNS
If you signed up from July 2016 to date and you have not receive your SAFEPARKS/PARKSEC security sign and would like us to put one up for you, please email: email@example.com with your full name, contact number and full address. We are in the process of printing the boards so need to know numbers.
The following includes crimes reported to us over the period
*DISCLAIMER: Whilst every effort is made to report on all crimes and their accurancy for the given time period, we advise that not all crimes are reported timeously or correctly. Should you be aware of any criminal incident not reported in our Newsletter, kindly email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will verify and ensure it is reported in our next Newsletter.
More details relating to the incidents listed above:
-Public Armed Robbery occurred in front of a restaurant on 4th avenue, the victim was outside on his cellphone and smoking, when 4 bravo male suspects drove past in a Silver VW Polo, one suspect got out and pointed a gun and snatch the phone. Residents please alert all your friends who visit 4th avenue to be alert as this is the second incident in the last month and it is suspected that it is the same suspects involved in both incidents.
-Home Invasion occurred on 7th avenue, 3 bravo males broke down the wooden pedestrian gate and gained access into the house via the open main door, the domestic was present at the time and screamed, laptop and jewelry box stolen.
– Vehicle theft occurred on 10th avenue, a black VW Polo Reg No: DB65ZB GP was parked on the street and stolen, CCTV footage shows that suspects arrived in a blue vehicle and left with the blue vehicle and the VW Polo – Blue vehicle cannot be clearly identified from CCTV footage.
– Arrest by Cortac occurred on 12th avenue, the electric fence siren went off and CORTAC was alerted to attend and check the premises, they found a black male on the premises who was arrested.
-Please be alert along 4th avenue, crime is on the increase due to the influx of visitors visiting Parkhurst over the weekends, please alert all your friends not to stand on the sidewalks with bags and cellphones as the modus operandi is for suspects to drive along 4th avenue scouting out opportunities and then stopping, pointing a firearm and then taking valuables.
– Please be alert of car jamming when parking on 4th avenue and along the street to the side in Parkhurst as well as at Parktown Quarter.
SUCCESSFUL ARREST BY CORTAC – WELL DONE!
3 ARMED Bravo males have been harassing victims along Jans Smuts avenue at robots. Many have been a victim to these crimes. Through CORTAC intelligence and investigations they managed to arrest all 3 suspects who were chilling at their homes. All are currently detained at Parkview SAPS and 25 cases have already been linked to them dating back from 2013.
If you have been a victim to a robbery along Jan Smuts please contact CORTAC control room, details below. The more cases we link to these criminals the longer they stay in jail.
Please report any suspicious activity by:
- Calling CORTAC Control Centre on 0861 267 822 / 0878 030 040
- Sending a “Please Call” message to *140*079 502 2750# (domestic workers)
- SMS’ing details of the suspicious activity to 079 502 2750
POLICE SECTOR VEHICLE: 071 675 6061 / 6062
RELIEF COMMANDER: 071 675 6065
CORTAC: 0861 267 822
Victim Support Unit HOTLINE: 073 280 4453
If it doesn’t look right, call it in ..
If you would like to find out more about the Parksec/ SafeParks security initiative, please email us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries, suggestions or complaints please email: email@example.com
Keep safe and be aware!
The Parksec & SafeParks Committee
CORTAC PRODUCT OFFERING
Follow CORTAC on Twitter @cortacsecurity
Like CORTAC on Facebook www.facebook.com/cortac/
Products offered by CORTAC:
- Tactical solutions, including proactive policing
- Armed reaction
- Emergency medical response
- Alarm and CCTV installations and monitoring
- Vehicle tracking
- Forensic and criminal investigations
- Close protection
- Logistics and technology modelling and implementation