Safeparks/Parksec Crime Update: 16 July 24 July 2017
Parkhurst , Parktown North and Parkwood residents and business owners
The following includes crimes reported to us over the period
*DISCLAIMER: Whilst every effort is made to report on all crimes and their accurancy for the given time period, we advise that not all crimes are reported timeously or correctly. Should you be aware of any criminal incident not reported in our Newsletter, kindly email us on email@example.com and we will verify and ensure it is reported in our next Newsletter.
More details relating to the incidents listed above:
– Both House Burglaries occurred on 7th street, suspects gained access onto the properties by breaking the pedestrian door down and then proceeded to break the front door down. The earlier House Burglary the front door contact beam went off and suspects fled, the latter house burglary occurred an hour later and no alarm was armed, suspects ransack the whole house taking valuables.
-All other incidents were reported directly to SAPS so no further details available except to note that vehcile theft incidents are NON-CORTAC clients and visitors who visit the 4th avenue restaurant strip.
-House Burglary occurred on 5th avenue, the owner arrived back when he spotted a black male selling brooms, owner proceeded into his property to find a window smashed and jewelry taken, the alarm was not armed. It is suspected that the person selling brooms may have been involved so please be alert and arm your alarms!
-All other incidents were reported directly to SAPS so no further details available.
-Be alert when parking at DUNKELD CENTRE, there is a spike in theft of Motor Vehicle, the modus operandi is as follows, the suspects arrive around 6am in the morning and steal vehicles as there are visitors that go to early gym classes, 2 VW polos stolen in the past week.
– Be alert when parking behind the SPAR parking in Craighall Park, vehicles have been reported stolen.
– Be alert 2 VW Polos were reported stolen at THE COLONY centre, upon observing video footage, the carguards are suspected to be involved.
– Be on the lookout for a CHARCOAL A3 – which has been involved in vehicle theft at the shopping centres mentioned above.
– PLEASE ALERT AND TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES (GARDENERS AND DOMESTICS) TO HAVE A SPECIFIC COMMUNICATION PLAN WITH YOU FOR WHEN UNKNOWN PERSONS RING YOUR DOOR BELL AND WANT ACCESS – A SERIOUS INCIDENT OCCURRED IN PARKVIEW LAST WEEK, WHERE SUSPECTS DROVE IN A WHITE BAKKIE POSING TO BE CONTRACTORS AND MADE AS THOUGH THEY CALLED THE OWNER ON THEIR CELLPHONE, THEY PUT IT ON LOUD SPEAKER AND IT WAS A WOMEN GIVING SUPPOSED PERMISSION FOR THE DOMESTIC TO OPEN. PLEASE ALERT YOUR EMPLOYEES NOT TO OPEN UNLESS YOU HAVE SPOKEN TO THEM DIRECTLY.
Please report any suspicious activity by:
Calling CORTAC Control Centre on 0861 267 822 / 0878 030 040
Sending a “Please Call” message to *140*079 502 2750# (domestic workers)
SMS’ing details of the suspicious activity to 079 502 2750
POLICE SECTOR VEHICLE: 071 675 6061 / 6062
RELIEF COMMANDER: 071 675 6065
CORTAC: 0861 267 822
Victim Support Unit HOTLINE: 073 280 4453
If it doesn’t look right, call it in ..
If you would like to find out more about the Parksec/ SafeParks security initiative, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For queries, suggestions or complaints please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep safe and be aware!
The Parksec & SafeParks Committee
CORTAC PRODUCT OFFERING
Follow CORTAC on Twitter @cortacsecurity
Like CORTAC on Facebook www.facebook.com/cortac/
Products offered by CORTAC:
Tactical solutions, including proactive policing
Emergency medical response
Alarm and CCTV installations and monitoring
Forensic and criminal investigations
Logistics and technology modelling and implementation
More info at www.cortac.co.za
Contact CORTAC at email@example.com or 0861 267 822 for further information.